There are a few ‘Real Estate Hotspots’ in Bangalore – areas that have a positive outlook about them. I’ve split the city by geography and examined them below –
1) North Bangalore – Undoubtedly, this is where all the action will happen in the next 5-10 years. Proximity to the Airport, ease of access to the city(via Bellary Road), Manyata Tech Park, good infrastructure, etc. are a few reasons why North Bangalore is the #1 investment destination in Bangalore Real estate. You can look at Hennur Road, Thannisandra, Tumkur Road and Yelahanka as possible options
2) East Bangalore – Though many consider this market to be saturated, a couple of good projects are coming up in this area. Whitefield and Sarjapur Road, which have shown phenomenal growth over the past 8 years, are still growing. Other investment options in this area include Varthur Road(Near Varthur Lake and Gunjur), Kadugodi and Hosakote.
3) South Bangalore – Areas like JP Nagar, Jayanagar, BTM Layout and Kormangala are never bad investment options. Good tree coverage, availability of parks and calm residential neighborhoods are all reasons why people like staying in South Bangalore. Real estate investments here might not yield returns as high as North or East Bangalore, but the risk factor is lot lesser. Popular areas for investments in South Bangalore include Bannerghatta Road and Kanakapura Road.
4) West Bangalore – This is a tradition market and doesn’t have scope for much growth in the years to come.
5) Central Bangalore – From a commercial real estate perspective, it might make sense to invest in Central Bangalore. In a growing city like Bangalore, the CBD will always have a good demand for office/retail space. From a residential stand-point, there’re better alternatives as mentioned above.